As I was in India for a week, I decided to try the subscription box there. After a lot of searching on the internet for various subscription boxes, I ordered the Fab Bag (1-month subscription). The theme of the February box was XOXO, rightly named, as Feb is all about love and kisses 🙂 The one-month subscription charge is INR 599, all inclusive.
After the order confirmation, I received an email from the fab bag team to select the shade for the foundation, that was included in the Feb box.I was impressed with the fact that you can select the shade suitable for your skin tone unlike other subscription boxes, where they give a common shade to everyone.
I received the order on time. So here is my first impression about the fab bag
- No Fancy packaging. I am a sucker for fancy packages and handwritten notes. I guess many of you all can relate to me. Fab bag came in a cardboard box.
- The products came in a cute pouch: All the fab bag products usually come in a cool pouch. This month’s pouch was white with pink hearts. Not one of the best fab bag pouches, but this was a decent travel-friendly one.
- Bonus product: I received a bonus product too.
- Full-size products: This months fab bag had 5 full-size product and one sample size. That’s definitely a great value for money.
- They got my name wrong: The name on the card with products details was mentioned wrong. I was disappointed with it.I would be ok if the card was generic and had no names at all.
So here are the items that I received in the this month’s box.
- NELF USA HD 24H Foundation 01 Natural- (INR 800)
I selected the shade 01 for this foundation. As I do not use foundation on a regular basis, I am looking forward to using this product. The product comes in a glass container with a pump dispenser. It gives a full coverage and a very natural finish. The product also comes with SPF 15. It blends easily and a small quantity goes long way.
Major Crush by Ayushi Matte Nail Lacquer- (Rs.199)
I got the nail lacquer in shade 110, which is a fuschia pink. The end result is definitely matte, but the color chips off on the 2nd day. I am not very impressed with it.
- Purple Essentionatural Bath Salt -(Rs.450)
This product smells amazeballs. The ingredients include peppermint oil, olive oil, and Almond oil along with Epsom salt and baking soda. This product can also be used as a scrub! wow. I am excited about trying this one out.
Tvakh White Tea Rose Deep Pore Cleansing Scrub (Rs.172)
Tvakh scrub smells like Roses. The product is a mild organic scrub and gently exfoliates the dead skin. It is also paraben and mineral oil free. The brand is cruelty-free and eco-certified, a big thumbs up to that.
Bliscent Peppermint Foot Soak (Rs.200)
The Peppermint Foot Soak claims to induce a brisk cooling sensation and help in easing muscle tension and pain. Salts eliminate toxins and soften the rough skin. I have not yet tried this product.
- Acne’s Clarifying Face Wash (Rs.5 each)
I received two sachets of this clarifying face wash, whi5ch also says whitening (quite misleading. I am not a fan of skin whitening products so I will be skipping this product.
Overall, I got the products worth INR 1800+ for a price of INR 599. The bath salt and the face scrubs are my favorites in this bag. The pouch also was cute.
If you are not paranoid about using products from very new (and some not so famous) brands, this bag is a steal deal. I cannot wait to try the foot soak.
Have you tried any of these brands? Do let me know.